Sunday, November 17, 2013

A few new things

First off, let me start by apologizing to our blog for the two-month period of neglect. To be quite honest, I completely forgot that we had a blog, but Trisha recently brought up the fact and so here we are! Wow, these past two months have been very busy with work, school, travel, and a bunch of fun! School has been keeping our household quite busy, the semester is coming to a close. If I'm correct, we only have 3 weeks until finals, holy cow! On the work side, I got a new job in Student Services on campus as a budget assistant. I manage department budgets, set up new ones, and talk soccer with my supervisor. I quite enjoy that part :) Trisha's office recently had a huge organizational shift, she has a new supervisor and the organizational hierarchy has been changed. So far so good, but she is sad to see her other supervisor go since he had been coming out of his shell a bit more in recent weeks. 
Trisha's brother, Tyler and I have become great friends! He and I have recently taken up racquetball and play every night at the PE building on campus. I currently hold the advantage in games won 12-9, but that can change quickly, we are really evenly matched. My body is taking a beating though, diving on that floor has left me with some good bumps, bruises, and floorburn. 
We dressed up as partners in crime for Halloween and accompanied Mckay, Benson, and Lily as they trick-or-treated in mom and dad's neighborhood. A lot of fun was had by all! I had wanted to watch "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!" on Halloween. But since we didn't have it, we watched Alvin and the Chipmunks: Jekyll and Hyde with Benson, Mckay and Beej. It was quite ridiculous, but filled us with a good amount of Halloween cheer. 
Trisha helped her mom coach a 12-U softball team this weekend. I was able to go and watch all of the games. It was a great tournament! Trisha loves to be with the girls and does a terrific job of teaching them while making it fun for the girls. It is very cute to watch as she interacts with them. :) She is very much looking forward to coaching Canyon View this Spring. She will be amazing!
We recently celebrated our 6-month wedding anniversary.....that is crazy! Time is really flying by. I love Trisha more and more each day. She really is the best :) She treats me so wonderfully and knows my likes and dislikes. For my birthday she secretly purchased tickets to a Real Salt Lake game and surprised me with them the week before my birthday. She is amazing and I couldn't ask for anything better :) 
Well, that sums up the past few months. I promise we will be better at keeping up with the blog in the future. Until next time!

1 comment:

  1. He promises we'll do better, but don't get your hopes up. I mean really, whose life gets less busy with time?

    ReplyDelete